Fire in central Auckland building

Last updated 15:57 24/01/2013

Relevant offers

National

Colin Craig's latest lawsuit thrown out; called vexatious Evicted Tokoroa tenant vows to stay put Judith Collins, Bill English and Jonathan Coleman are in the race to be Prime Minister Police investigating 'sexual violation' on Air New Zealand flight Stephen Reiri pleads not guilty to helping associate get half a kilo of meth Promising rugby league player Paul Justin Noble goes from clean slate to a bloody robbery Brothers appeal prison sentence for helping with cannabis islands Man got help to jumpstart car, then stole battery off helpers, court hears Auckland home invasion victims speaks 13,000 salmon suffocated in 'very malicious' killing in South Westland

Firefighters have doused a blaze on Upper Queen St in Auckland this afternoon.

Fire communications shift commander Megan Ruru said emergency services were called to the Localist building about1.50pm.

Ruru said it's believed the fire started in a transformer cable in the basement of the building.

The building had been evacuated and there have been no reports of injuries.

A resident said he could no longer see smoke or fire coming from the building. 

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content