Berry ex claims he was victim in brawl

Last updated 12:54 28/11/2012
Gabriel Aubry
HARSH IMAGE: Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry released pictures of himself after his brawl with her current beau, Olivier Martinez.

Relevant offers

World

Between lobbing missiles, Kim Jong-un looks to Russia for support Mother issues tearful apology for killer son, who live-streamed his daughter's murder Cashier keeps his cool as robber holds him at gunpoint at a US takeaway European Union meets without UK prime minister, vows to be 'firm' in Brexit talks Toddler survives being run over twice after running into traffic in China Angela Merkel has a 'good relationship' with Donald Trump, despite frosty start Coughing, convulsing and calls for probe after US execution Trump signs executive order to expand drilling off America's coasts Australian woman almost killed by faulty Takata airbag subjected to worldwide recall US President Donald Trump says North Korea 'disrespected' China with second missile launch in a month

Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry has won a restraining order against the actress's current lover, as the two men fought in the Los Angeles courts over who started their Thanksgiving Day brawl.

Releasing photos of himself with a black eye and cuts to his face, Aubry claimed that he was the victim in the November 22 punch-up with Berry's fiancé, French actor Olivier Martinez, in the driveway of her Los Angeles house.

"I suffered numerous injuries as a result of the attack, including a fractured rib, multiple bruises on my face and a number of cuts which required stitches," Aubry said in court papers, alleging that Martinez had threatened the day before to kill him.

"It all happened so fast and so suddenly; I did not see Mr Martinez's actions coming and thus I was not ready for it and was not able to defend myself," Aubry wrote.

Aubry, Martinez, and the Oscar-winning Monster's Ball actress have been embroiled for months in a custody fight over Berry's 4-year-old daughter, Nahla. Berry wants to take the daughter she had with Aubry to live with her and Martinez in France, but a Los Angeles judge denied that request earlier in November.

Aubry claimed in his request for a restraining order on Monday that Martinez told him, "You cost us $3 million," while the French actor punched and kicked him on November 22.

Aubry, a Canadian model, was arrested last week for battery after the fist fight, and ordered to stay away from Berry, the child, and Martinez.

Neither man has been yet been formally charged in the case.

Ad Feedback

- Reuters

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content