Bourbon backlash forces brewer backtrack

Last updated 07:32 18/02/2013

Relevant offers

World

Video of man fighting kangaroo to save pet dog proves a hit online, but those who made it haven't come forward Standing Rock protest: Construction of the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline stopped Italy's Brexit? Prime Minister Matteo Renzi defeated in referendum, exit polls suggest Who's the president of South Korea? Stumped Boris Johnson backs away from 'pub quiz' interview Whiteout warning for Hawaii's peaks as storm dumps heavy snow on volcanoes Maine ports 'shocked and disappointed' by Princess Cruises' pollution Graduate sues top university, claims 'boring tuition' cost him a first-class degree Amnesty report says 'ingrained culture' of torture in Fiji Freerunner could be prosecuted for Paris train 'surfing' Drunk passenger attacks flight attendant on Turkish Airlines flight

After a backlash from customers, the producer of Maker's Mark bourbon is reversing a decision to cut the amount of alcohol in bottles of its famous whiskey.

The company's chief operating officer said Sunday that it is restoring the alcohol volume of its product to its historic level of 45 per cent, or 90 proof. Last week, it said it was lowering the amount to 42 per cent, or 84 proof, because of a supply shortage.

The brand known for its square bottles sealed in red wax has struggled to keep up with demand. Distribution has been squeezed, and the brand had to curtail shipments to some overseas markets.

In a tweet on Sunday, the company said to its followers: "You spoke. We listened."

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content