Beyonce makes statement about fight night

Last updated 13:52 16/05/2014
Fairfax

Beyonce says Solange and Jay-Z have apologised to each other after a video got leaked showing the pair fighting in an elevator.

Solange attacks Jay-Z in hotel lift

Related Links

Beyonce's sister Solange savages Jay Z in lift Why did Solange attack Jay Z? An Investigation Cracks in Jay Z and Beyonce's perfect facade?

Relevant offers

Celebrities

Dear North, tell the paps to go but chat with mum first Taylor Swift flies to UK to meet Tom Hiddleston's mother A 'Who's Who' guide to the naked celebrities in Kanye's new NSFW music video Singer Taylor Swift sparks speculation over a boob job Juliette Binoche talks about new film The Wait and reveals the upside of ageing David Bowie's hair, Prince's guitar, auction for $210,000 What the world looks like when you look like Barack Obama Chris Evans makes red carpet debut with Jenny Slate Bill Cunningham, NY Times fashion photographer, dies at 87 Guy Williams: How to take down the National Party

Beyonce has finally released a statement addressing the Met Ball fight night incident.

"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," read the statement, released to The Associated Press.

"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."

It continued: "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."

On Wednesday the singer also posted four pictures of her sister, Solange, to her Instagram account. The first was captioned, "Good morning!" but the rest were left blank.  

 

Beyonce, 32, has since uploaded another image of herself with Rihanna.

The shot with Rihanna is clearly a show of solidarity.

Various news sites suggested that it was Jay-Z's plans to attend Rihanna's Met Ball after-party alone that sparked the now-famous fight between Jay-Z and Solange.

According to a MailOnline 'source' Solange lost her cool after challenging Jay-Z on his plans to continue partying with Rihanna.

But NY Daily News is reporting that the fight was actually over designer Rachel Roy, not Rihanna.

It was previously said that Solange was seen yelling at Roy earlier in the night, at the Standard Hotel.

Now the NY Daily News is suggesting that Solange was upset because "Rachel is a little too close to Jay-Z".

The site continues: "Tensions were high over the rapper's decision to keep the party going solo at another bash thrown by Rihanna - where he was likely to cross paths with Roy again, this time without the sisters present, a source said."

Whether there is any truth to this latest theory is unknown, but clearly based on Beyonce's picture, she and Rihanna are still tight.

If Insta-appearances are anything to go by, so are Solange, Beyonce and Jay-Z.

Ad Feedback

Just days after the fight, the sisters flew to Costa Rica together for Kelly Rowland's wedding, while Jay and Bey were seen together at a basketball game on Monday night.

TMZ also reported that Solange and Jay-Z were spotted shopping together in New York yesterday. 

- FFX Aus

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content