Drew Barrymore's half sister Jessica has been found dead.
Jessica was discovered slumped at the wheel of a vehicle with "dozens of white pills" surrounding her body, and a can of energy drink between her legs on Tuesday at around 6am.
The car was blocking a driveway to an apartment block in San Diego, reports 10News.
The tragic discovery was made by Marta Lopez, who tried to leave for work but found her path was blocked by the car.
The Medical Examiner's Office later confirmed Jessica Barrymore's identity to the station.
The death comes on the eve of Jessica's 48th birthday. The cause of death has not yet been determined, but an autopsy is scheduled.
Jessica is the daughter of actor John Drew Barrymore and Nina Wayne, his third wife. He married a total of four times and has four children.
The last Facebook post sent from Jessica's social media account was on July 28 and is a cryptic message shared from a page called Mystera Magazine.
"Sometimes, life puts you in touch with the people you need to meet to Help You, to Hurt You, to Guide You, to Leave You, to Love You, and to gradually Strengthen You into the Person You Were Meant to Become," she shared, before commenting "Yes".
Drew, 39, has been open about the struggles she faced as a child growing up in Hollywood. Her battles with drink and drugs, starting in childhood, have been well documented.
- Lifeline: 0800 543 354 - Provides 24 hour telephone counselling
- Youthline: 0800 376 633 or free text 234 - Provides 24 hour telephone and text counselling services for young people
- Samaritans: 0800 726 666 - Provides 24 hour telephone counselling.
- Tautoko: 0508 828 865 - provides support, information and resources to people at risk of suicide, and their family, whānau and friends.
- Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (noon to midnight)
- Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (4pm - 6pm weekdays)
If it is an emergency or you feel you or someone you know is at risk, please call 111
For information about suicide prevention, see http://www.spinz.org.nz
- Cover Media