BREAKING NEWS
Horror director Wes Craven has died age 76 ... More soon
Close

Ozzy's hair-raising experience

Last updated 10:34 18/01/2013
Osbourne
GETTY
ROCKING ON: Black Sabbath front man Ozzy Osbourne.

Relevant offers

Celebrities

Ellen Page: Stop calling straight actors 'brave' for playing gay characters Miley Cyrus goes undercover to find out what people really think of her Robin Williams' kids fight wife for bikes The first rule of Radio Survey: don't talk about Radio Survey Star Trek stars are now the world's coolest old hipsters Brad Pitt builds 109 homes in Katrina-hit New Orleans Kim Kardashian reveals she may have hysterectomy Lucy Liu welcomes baby boy Miley Cyrus dresses up as journalist, asks strangers about herself Hugh Jackman's daughter says he's boring

Ozzy Osbourne was injured in a fire at his Beverly Hills, California home on Thursday morning.

The 64-year-old rocker singed his hair and injured his hand while trying to put out the blaze, his wife Sharon said on Thursday.

The local fire department was called to the residence at approximately 4:25a.m. after the couple fell asleep before extinguishing a candle which exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small fire in their living room.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze before it caused significant damage.

Ozzy’s hand was bandaged after the rocker underwent surgery on Wednesday. He suffered further injury to the appendage while fighting the fire before help arrived.

Sharon recalled the incident on her US chat show The Talk on Thursday.

"At five o' clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought), 'Something's weird smelling in here,’” she said.

Sharon went downstairs after her dogs started to bark and saw the blaze erupting. Ozzy came down to help her put it out and now his eyebrows and the front of his hair from his ears down are gone.

She offered an apology to her husband on air, thanked the fire department and vowed to never light a candle in their home again.

"He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again,” she said.

Sharon also warned candle lovers to be careful and not make the same mistakes.

Ad Feedback

- Cover Media

Comments

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content