Murphy's friend: Her death is fishy
Brittany Murphy's colleague "always suspected" her death was strange.
The Clueless actress suddenly died at the age of 32 in 2009 and recent evidence suggests she may have been poisoned.
Mike Heller of Talent Management, who worked on endorsement deals with Brittany, believes there might be merit in recent allegations of foul play.
"I always suspected something was up with Brittany's death," Mike told Us Weekly magazine.
"Something was always very fishy about it."
Brittany's father Angelo Bertolotti recently commissioned an independent scientific lab study on strands of the star's hair.
These toxicology results indicate the presence of heavy metals in her body at the time of death that were up to nine times higher than what is deemed "high" by the World Health Organization. Heavy metals of this kind are normally found in rat poison or insecticides.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office reportedly said on Tuesday it could also reopen the investigation into Brittany's death if they were provided with "credible evidence" of a homicide, which Bertolotti has suggested.
The LA County Coroner ruled her demise an accident the following year, citing a combination of pneumonia, an iron deficiency and "multiple drug intoxication".
Murphy's husband Simon Monjack tragically died five months after she passed away. Simon perished under similar circumstances, as his cause of death was attributed to pneumonia and anemia.