Oscars script leaked
A leading Hollywood website has published secret details of the tightly-guarded Academy Awards ceremony in Hollywood.
DeadlineHollywood.com has been banned from covering the event after it got hold of the running order of the ceremony, which begins at midday (2pm NZT) on Monday and will be hosted by Anne Hathaway and James Franco.
It says a major highlight of the show will be a "surprise" appearance by former Oscars host Billy Crystal, who'll deliver a host-style monologue.
According to Deadline, the show begins when Franco and Hathaway perform a comedic filmed piece where they appear in scenes from the year's 10 Best Picture nominees.
- Tom Hanks is the first presenter, handing out the Best Art Direction and Best Cinematography Oscars, followed by Kirk Douglas presenting Best Supporting Actress.
- Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis present the Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Film Oscars, then Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin award the Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Original Screenplay Oscars.
- Franco and Hathaway appear in what's described as a "performance comedy" with a wardrobe change of gowns and tuxedos.
- Russell Brand and Helen Mirren present the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, then comes Reese Witherspoon to hand out the Supporting Actor Oscar.
- Academy President Tom Sherak next comes out onto the Kodak Theatre stage to talk.
- Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman come out to perform past film score medley with the orchestra, then hand out the Best Original Score Oscar.
- Next, Matthew McConaughey and Scarlett Johansson present the Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing Oscars.
- Marisa Tomei comes out to present the Motion Picture Arts & Sciences' Sci-Tech Awards recap.
- Anne Hathaway is shown in a tux. Which leads to a transition to Cate Blanchett, who presents the Best Makeup and Best Costume Design Oscars.
- There's an interlude of "Movie Music I Remember" introduced by Kevin Spacey.
- Next are the start of the Best Songs performances with Randy Newman performing We Belong Together from Toy Story 3, followed by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi and Alan Mencken performing I See The Light from Tangled.
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams present the Best Documentary Short Subject and Best Live Action Short Film Oscars.
- Anne Hathaway and James Franco do a comedy bit together in another wardrobe change - their third.
- Oprah Winfrey presents Best Documentary feature. Meanwhile, her BFF Gayle King will be backstage doing live interviews.
- Anne Hathaway introduces Billy Crystal for a "surprise" appearance, who does a monologue on the movie industry.
- Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law present the Best Visual Effects and Film Editing Oscars.
- Another Anne Hathaway wardrobe change, followed by the next two Best Song performances: If I Rise from 127 Hours, performed by Florence Welch (of Florence And the Machine), followed by Coming Home from Country Strong.
- Then Jennifer Hudson presents the Best Original Song Oscar.
- Celine Dion and the William Ross-conducted orchestra perform Smile, during the In Memoriam segment. Following is a Lena Horne tribute introduced by Halle Barry.
- The Best Director Award will be presented by Hilary Swank and last year's winner Kathryn Bigelow.
- Annette Bening introduces the Governors Awards package held in a separate ceremony in November, with the honourees introduced onstage: actor Eli Wallach, film historian/preservationist Kevin Brownlow, and Francis Ford Coppola. The fourth honouree, French director Jean-Luc Godard, declined to attend.
- Last year's Best Actor winner Jeff Bridges presents the Best Actress Oscar.
- Anne Hathaway undergoes her fifth wardrobe change, before last year's Best Actress winner Sandra Bullock presents the Best Actor Oscar.
- Steven Spielberg presents the Best Motion Picture Oscar.
- The show closes with a student choir singing Over The Rainbow.
- In addition, Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd will appear in a Back To The Future segment, although it's not clear exactly at what point in the show.