New Hobbit trailer released
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has moved another step closer with the new trailer for the film being released.
The film, an adaptation of JRR Tolkien's book, follows main character Bilbo Baggins on an epic quest to reclaim the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which has been conquered by the dragon Smaug.
It starts with an unsettled Baggins getting unexpected visitors, dwarves, who, alongside Gandalf the Grey, pick him to be the 14th member of a group determined to take back Erebor.
"I'm going on adventure," he says, as he runs from Hobbiton.
Sir Peter Jackson had earlier published a video announcing that he would celebrate Tolkien Week with the release of the second trailer for the first part of his Hobbit trilogy.
Tomorrow will mark the 75th anniversary of the publication of the book, while Saturday is the birthdays of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, who were both said to be born on the same day of different years.
Bilbo was born in the year 2890 and Frodo in the year of 2968 in the Third Age (1290 and 1368, respectively, in Shire-reckoning, the Hobbits' own calendar).
Preparations for the film's November 28 premiere are also under way at Wellington City Council, which has set aside $1.15 million for the event.
Next month, the council will discuss road closures planned to be in place from 9pm on Tuesday, November 27, to 5.30am on Thursday, November 29.
The current plan will see parts of Courtenay Place and Tory St, and several adjoining streets, closed.
Jackson has promised the premiere will be a "huge party", and several stars, such as Freeman and Lord of the Rings stalwarts Ian McKellen and Orlando Bloom, are expected to attend.