3-D Star Wars prequels paused

Last updated 16:35 29/01/2013

Relevant offers

Film

Movie Review: Office Christmas Party War rages on in new 'Planet of the Apes' film Kirk Douglas, a great from the golden age of Hollywood, turns 100 Watch: Trailer for Baywatch Director George Ogilvie on Russell Crowe: 'The crew thought he was an arrogant little pisspot' Movie Review: A United Kingdom Movie Review: Office Christmas Party Movie Review: A United Kingdom Twenty blockbuster movies worth checking out in 2017 Star of Boy and Goodbye Pork Pie James Rolleston says: 'I'm lucky to be alive'

The force isn't with the 3-D versions of the Star Wars prequels.

Lucasfilm said in a statement that it's postponing the scheduled 3-D releases of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones and Episode III - Revenge of the Sith this autumn to instead focus its efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII.

The Walt Disney Co. confirmed Friday that J.J. Abrams, creator of the TV series Lost and director of 2009's Star Trek movie, will direct the seventh installment of the franchise, set for a 2014 release.

Disney bought Star Wars maker Lucasfilm last month for $US4.06 billion.

Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released in 3-D last February and earned US$22.4 million in the United States its opening weekend. The original prequels were released from 1999 to 2005.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content