Florence Welch admits she "set fire" to a hotel room while she was drunk.
The singer recalled her most recent big hangover and said she was shocked to wake up to a burnt suite in New York.
The Florence + The Machine frontwoman explained that following a backstage party, she forgot to blow out a candle and almost destroyed her abode.
"I think I must have had about 17 Dirty Martinis. I lost my phone and ripped my dress very badly," she told the March edition of Q magazine.
"I accidentally set fire to The Bowery Hotel because I'd left a cinnamon tea light burning. I came back to the hotel, passed out in my ripped dress - no phone, chipped tooth - came round and there was black stuff all over the wall, my book had melted on the bedside table and there was a bucket of water on the floor. Actually the last scene you want to wake up to with a hangover. Half the room was singed."
Welch added that her publicist was unimpressed with the huge bill that followed her acoustic showcase in the Big Apple.
But surprisingly, the damaged room wasn't the most expensive item on the receipt.
"My American publicist was like, 'Ah yes, there was a very big bill on my credit card.' But the fire damage was only a couple of hundred," she said.
"The big bill was the bl**dy dressing room drinks bill. Kanye West, Lykke Li, me, the doormen, most of Lower Manhattan, whoever, drinking Dirty Martinis and what have you. [The amount is] undisclosed."
- Cover Media