Return of Axe Attack radio show - online
Weekly metal show The Axe Attack has been reborn online.
Fans fought a vociferous rearguard action to save the show when it stopped being broadcast on radio station The Rock earlier this year.
A social media campaign in February calling on The Rock to bring back the weekly show gained massive support.
At the time MediaWorks, which owns The Rock, said technical changes involved in an upgrade of the station meant it was temporarily not able to broadcast The Axe Attack.
The company appeared to leave the door open for a return of the show, but on Thursday it was announced that The Axe Attack has a new home.
It is now available through online service iHeartRadio NZ.
The Axe Attack host, metal DJ and musician Paul Martin, said the show would evolve to become bigger and better. "This is a massive and very positive step for our very own Kiwi hard rock/metal artists and the genre in general."
The Axe Attack is free and can be found here.