NZer dies at X Factor rehearsal

Last updated 12:42 27/01/2013

Relevant offers

TV & Radio

Campbell Live boss calls Three's Christchurch quake coverage 'insulting' Sunday Theatre drama currently being filmed about 1983 Melbourne Cup winner TV Review: Te Radar's Chequered Past - a 'gateway drug to New Zealand history' Broadchurch's Olivia Colman on assault storyline: 'Don't let anyone get away with this' Married At First Sight: who loses their cool? Former top cop works with psychics but remains sceptical Game of Thrones actors enduring 160kmh winds to bring you your latest fix The Project is Three's make or break moment, former executive says Former Shortland Streeter Karl Burnett been busy as during the post-Nick Harrison years Married At First Sight: Will Simon finally cut his hair?

A New Zealand man is said to have died after collapsing while preparing to audition for TV talent show The X Factor in Sydney.

News Ltd reports the man had been rehearsing his song on his own while waiting to face the show's producers in Sydney when he collapsed and was treated by medical personnel at the scene.

A spokesman for FremantleMedia, the company that produces The X Factor, told News Ltd the man was taken by ambulance to St Vincents Hospital where he died a short time later.

None of the show's celebrity judges were at the audition, which was to determine which contestants would appear at filmed auditions  later this year.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Guy Sebastian, Ronan Keating and  Melanie Brown are yet to confirm they will be returning to the Seven Network ratings juggernaut, which last year was won by singer Samantha Jade.

Ad Feedback

- AAP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content