Sarah Jessica Parker thinks Jemaine Clement is a 'real man'
Who is Sarah Jessica Parker's idea of a "real man"? Jemaine Clement apparently.
While it was first reported well over a year ago that Clement would be appearing opposite Parker in her upcoming HBO TV series Divorce, it seems the Kiwi actor wasn't always first choice.
"In the pilot, originally, it was a young fellow," Parker told TimeOut. "I was like, 'I think it would be much more interesting if she was having an affair with a real man'."
So who did they call? You know it.
* Jemaine Clement's Divorce leaves Conchord partner behind
* From Conchord to cool dude - the rise and rise of Jemaine Clement
* New TV show for Flight of the Conchords
* Sarah Jessica Parker goes thrift shop in new HBO comedy
* Sarah Jessica Parker: I'm not a mean girl
Kiwi funnyman Clement plays a Manhattan-based literature professor named Julian in the Divorce pilot episode, which included "one of the most awkward sex scenes I've ever been involved in," he told Stuff in September last year.
"Usually they're awkward on purpose, but this one just happened to be unintentionally awkward."
Divorce stars Parker as a middle aged woman whose marriage falls apart after her husband discovers she is having an affair. The 51-year-old actress is also an executive producer for the show.