Sky TV turns television sets across the country into NZ's largest art gallery
Sky TV will be turning television sets across the country into New Zealand's largest art gallery again with the return of Art Your TV, a free pop-up channel available from February 15-23.
Once again partnering with five of New Zealand's most well-known galleries, the Sky Arts Art Your TV pop-up channel will screen a revolving showcase of works from a wide variety of New Zealand artists.
Images of each artwork will be broadcast in 15-minute rotations throughout the day and can be seen on Sky TV channel 220 from 10am on Wednesday, February 15.
All Sky Basic customers will have free access to the channel.
In addition to screening gallery works, Sky TV is also giving all New Zealanders with an artistic streak the chance to showcase their work on the Art Your TV pop-up channel.
Anyone who creates illustrations, paintings, photos or brings their art to life through motion graphics could have their work featured alongside some of New Zealand's biggest artists, as well as other emerging talent.
To submit a piece, send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23.
The requirements are:
* All artwork must be 1920 x 1080 pixels.
* Still images must be submitted as a jpg, psd, tif or tga.
* For moving pieces, please submit as a mov.
* Submit all artwork to the following email: email@example.com. You can choose to attach your artwork in the email (up to 18MB), or alternatively send a link to your piece (eg via Dropbox).
* Be sure to include your full name, name of artwork and preferred contact details.