TV & Radio
A tip for female TV news reporters. If you're going free-boob on air, don't write a tell-all blog about it.
In fact, if you are planning on doing anything that smacks of unprofessionalism, it's probably best to keep quiet about it and hope your employer and viewers don't notice.
In a blog post titled, "Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter", Allen admitted she had gone bra-less at least once during a live broadcast.
She took it down after her Alabama employer complained, but then decided she wouldn't be censored, and reposted it on Friday.
I've vowed to always fight for the right of free expression. It's allowed, no matter what the profession. I pride myself in having earned the respect of many because I make no apologies for the truth and hold nothing back. I don't fight for things because they serve me, I fight for them because they are right. Sources trust me because I am an unadulterated version of the truth. I won't ever bend just because its popular to do so and I'm not bending now.
Here's the list that people found so controversial:
1. I've gone bra-less during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser.
2. My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me.
3. I am better live when I have no script and no idea what I'm talking about.
4. I've mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner in front of the camera than I actually am.
5. I hate the right side of my face.
6. I'm frightened of old people and I refuse to do stories involving them or the places they reside.
7. Happy, fluffy, rainbow stories about good things make me depressed.
8. I've taken naps in the news car.
9. If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I'll stop recording but let you think otherwise.
10. I've stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe)
Allen said all the above was "a genuine look into my slightly twisted psyche" and was in no way fake.
This morning she tweeted she was fired.
@AndrewKirell If you want to add a bit more candor to your article...I was "terminated without cause" for said post.
— Shea Allen (@SheaMallen27) July 29, 2013
So was she fired for going bra-less, disobeying company orders, hating old people and rainbows, waffling or stealing mail.
WAAY has yet to comment on Allen's tweet.