John Key to appear on Letterman show
Prime Minister John Key is set to make a splash on American TV as a guest on the iconic Late Show with David Letterman.
Mr Key is understood to be lined up for a guest spot on the long running show for the popular tongue in cheek "top 10" slot.
Previous participants have included then-presidential hopeful Barack Obama and songstress Britney Spears.
Mr Key will be in New York next month for the United Nations General Assembly and the Clinton Global Initiative.
Sources said Mr Key's appearance was yet to be confirmed and he had not yet decided on his top 10 list.
When he appeared on the show, Barack Obama's top ten things he'd do as president were:
10. To keep the budget balanced, I'll rent the situation room for sweet sixteens.
9. I will double your tax money at the craps table.
8. Appoint Mitt Romney secretary of lookin' good.
7. If you bring a gator to the White House, I'll wrassle it.
6. I'll put Regis on the nickel.
5. I'll rename the tenth month of the year "Barack-tober."
4. I won't let Apple release the new and improved ipod the day after you bought the previous model.
3. I'll find money in the budget to buy Letterman a decent hairpiece.
2. Pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear.
1. Three words: Vice President Oprah.
The Dominion Post