Top seduction and sex music
The most arousing music to play during sex is the soundtrack to classic '80s' film Dirty Dancing, a study has found.
And when it comes to getting in the mood, Marvin Gaye crooning Let's Get It On takes you there.
The study, commissioned by the streaming service Spotify, claims to have uncovered a link between the music we play in the bedroom with the powers of seduction in turning a partner on to sex.
Classic love songs are the best aphrodisiac, with Gaye's Sexual Healing named the top track to set the mood followed by Let's Get It On and hits by Barry White and Serge Gainsbourg.
Music psychologist Dr Daniel Mullensiefen from Goldsmiths University in London interviewed 2000 people to examine the relationship between song and seduction.
More than 40 per cent of respondents said the music they selected to listen to during sex was more of a turn on than the touch or feel of their partner.
"It is no surprise that so many respondents claimed to find music arousing in the bedroom," Mullensiefen said.
"From neuro-scientific research we know that music can activate the same pleasure centres of the brain that also respond to much less abstract rewards such as food, drugs or indeed sex."
The Dirty Dancing soundtrack, featuring I've Had The Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes and She's Like The Wind by lead man Patrick Swayze, was voted number one to play in the bedroom, coming top among both male and females.
Mullensiefen said potential love birds have a tendency to be turned on by songs they find familiar with a romantic connection, often from cultural references such as film.
"People use this music to not only communicate their intentions in a romantic situation but to directly alter the mood during an encounter," he said.
"The study also revealed that men are more likely than women to change their music tastes and listening habits in order to ensure greater success in the bedroom which explains the popularity of Dirty Dancing for both sexes."
TOP TEN TRACKS TO GET 'IN THE MOOD'
1. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
2. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
3. Barry White - Anything
4. Serge Gainsbourg- Je T'aime
5. Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
6. Hot Chocolate- You Sexy Thing
7. Ravel - Bolero
8. Boyz To Men- I'll Make Love To You
9. Chris De Burgh - Lady in Red
10. R Kelly- Bump & Grind
TOP 10 TRACKS TO PLAY DURING SEX
1. Dirty Dancing- Anything from the soundtrack
2. Marvin Gaye- Sexual Healing
3. Ravel - Bolero
4. Berlin- Take My Breath Away
5. Barry White- Anything from his collection
6. Marvin Gaye- Let's Get It On
7. Righteous Brothers- Unchained Melody
8. Celine Dion- Titanic Soundtrack / My Heart Will Go On
9. Serge Gainsbourg- Je T'aime
10. Whitney Houston- I Will Always Love you