The gorgeous supermodel shares her homemade shampoo recipes
With her flawless looks and faultless figure, supermodel Miranda Kerr is the ultimate yummy mummy.
Famous for her super-healthy diet and ethical lifestyle, the gorgeous Aussie is so convinced that organic living is the key to looking good, she even launched her own organically-certified beauty range.
And best of all, she admits to trialling any new products on husband Orlando Bloom.
But if you're wondering what Miranda uses on her trademark tresses, you might be surprised.
The Victoria's Secret model actually concocts her own homemade shampoo and, in the spirit of sharing, she's posted a link to the recipe on her Kora Organics Blog.
Here's Miranda's recipe for Lavender and Jojoba Shampoo. Bring on those luscious locks!
1. Bring 1½ cups of distilled water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and then remove from heat. Add 1 tbsp of dried lavender flowers, 1 tbsp of dried rosemary, 1 tbsp of dried nettle and 2 tbsp of dried chamomile flowers.
2. Cover the water and herb mixture tightly, and allow it to steep for at least 30 minutes. Any other essential oil may be substituted for lavender, if necessary or desired.
3. Strain the liquid into a medium-sized bowl, and add 1 tsp of jojoba oil (organic if possible). Stir vigorously to combine.
4. Add ½ tsp of lavender essential oil and half a cup of organic castile soap, and stir thoroughly. Pour the shampoo into a plastic squeeze bottle, and label with the contents and date.
5. Store the organic shampoo in the refrigerator to preserve freshness. A small bottle can be kept in the shower for no longer than a week, if desired. Use 1 tbsp per application. Shake the bottle before use to mix any oil that has separated.
- Cover Media
What's your fave grooming option?