The hairstyles at Peter Som's New York Fashion Week show were a play on textures: smooth and soft; wet and dry.
Wella Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman, who created the looks for Som's models, aimed to create a graphic hair look that worked in with the designer's pared-back collection.
"This look is all about tension - tension from the contrast of the small, sleek head shape against the full wildness and texture at the back of the hair, and tension between the shine and precision of the top section against the arid rawness of the longer lengths" he said.
Here's how to get the look:
1. Prep clean hair with Wella Stay Brilliant Lotion, spreading from root to tip.
2. Blow-dry the hair, using a round brush to lift the hair and give it texture and shine.
3. Take a large section of hair at the front of your head, and section it off with a comb to create a deep side part.
4. Smooth this section of the hair down and spray with Wella Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion to create a smooth and sleek finish, then comb it flat and finish with Wella Stay Styled Hairspray - this gives the hair a gel-like finish.
5. Pull the rest of your hair back behind the ears and create a low, tight ponytail at the nape of the neck.
6. Spray the ponytail with Wella Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to add texture, then twist hair into a bun and secure with hair pins. Set hair by applying heat from a blow dryer. When hair is completely dry, remove the pins and pony tail and allow the bun to come undone so that the hair falls on theback of the head in matte, textured waves.
7. Create more volume and texture by lifting random sections of the hair, back-brushing and spraying with Stay Styled Hairspray to finish.