How to: Rockabilly inspired makeup
This just in - Rockabilly style gets a modern update.
Spotted at the Helen Cherry and Workshop fashion show for Marr Factory; the classic rockabilly eye flick was there but everything else was fresh and youthful.
Gone is the traditional matte skin and fire engine red lip; Josie Wignall for M.A.C recreated the old school look with this season's key trends in mind. The heavyweight sexy cat eye flicks were balanced with a luminous base and soft and dewy peachy pink lips.
Give this fresh look a whirl at home with these easy steps:
1. Smooth M.A.C Strobe Cream ($70) all over your face. Strobe Cream is an illuminating product that also hydrates and gives a boost of vitamins as well. If you have oily skin simply use along your cheekbones, along the browbone, on top of the cupid's bow and around the temple.
Other products to try: Clinique Up-Lighting Illuminator ($60); The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter ($28); or L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer ($37.50).
2. Apply foundation over your face, and dot concealer where needed. Josie used Studio Sculpt Foundation ($70), and Studio Sculpt Concealer ($40).
3. Sweep a soft metallic golden brown over your eyelid and blend with a blending brush to soften harsh edges. Now take a pale creamy shade and run it along your brow bone (this lifts the eye) and dot in the inner corners of your eyes.
Josie used M.A.C eyeshadows in Woodwinked (brown) and brule (cream), $38 each.
4. Now for the vital bit. Close your eye and run black liquid liner along your top lid as close to the lashline as you can. Now mark out where you want your flick to go and carefully draw it in.
Top tip: Try this article for cat eye tricks. Now run the liner in a very thin line along your bottom lashes. Curl your lashes using a lash curler and fiish with a couple of decent coats of black mascara.
Josie used M.A.C Boot Black Liquid Liner ($40), and M.A.C Extended Play Mascara ($34).
5. For a more intense illuminated look, sweep illuminating powder where the light naturally hits - along the top of your cheekbones, along the brow bone, above the eyebrow, and on the top of the cupid's bow. Now dab a bit of blush on the apples of your cheeks for a healthy glow.
Josie used M.A.C Silver Dusk Iridescent Powder ($50), and M.A.C Springsheen Blush, ($48).
6. Finally dab a sweet peachy pink lipstick onto your lips, and if you like, finish with clear gloss.
Josie invented her own peachy shade by staining the models lips with M.A.C Morange ($40), and then mixing together M.A.C lippy in Ravishing and Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick ($40 each) and applying it to the lips.