Share your best beauty trickShare your stories, photos and videos.
We might not all agree about the significance of Valentine's Day, but we can all get behind the confidence-boosting power of good cosmetics.
When it comes to flirty beauty buys, we have five current favourites.
1. Burgundy lips give an edgy glamour - just ask Lorde. But a dark pout can be impractical to pull off, especially when there's a chance of kissing. That's why we love Yves Saint Laurent Vernis a Levres, $55. These rich stains last for hours and are non-drying on lips. The sultry Deep Blackberry is one of the hottest hues from the new make-up collection, on counter February 17.
2. Blusher might seem like quite an old-fashioned, unsexy item of makeup, but flushed cheeks can actually be very alluring. Avoid old-style powder versions and go for Estée Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush, $76, a soft gel that leaves a sheer stain. Warning: he may think you have the hots for him even when you're decidedly unmoved.
3. When it comes to date-night lashes, go big or go home. Rimmel's new Scandaleyes Rockin Curves Mascara, $20.50, maximises both volume and curl so you can flutter your lashes with maximum impact. Even if your date goes bad, you won't regret this bargain buy.
4. Fragrance is very personal - one man's Allure can be another man's Poison. However one that we think will find few detractors is the very pretty Roses de Chloe, from $99. Even those who don't like traditional rose fragrances find this one subtle and ultra-feminine but addictive.
5. Straight hair can look too controlled, whereas flirty curls (or at least waves) can give off a more relaxed vibe. The newest way to get them is with an automated curling iron - one that does the twirling for you. We still love our Rusk Miracurl, but for something at around half the price look for the Remington Curl Revolution Styler, $119.90, available April. It winds hair up automatically and can alternate curl direction.