Makeup & Skincare
"What's your secret?'' is one of the most flattering questions that can be asked and a recent survey has shown that Antipodean women are not backward about divulging it if it's related to beauty.
If women discover beauty secrets that make them look better, 94 per cent would share them, the survey of 701 women found.
I'll share three of mine with you right now:
1. I always try to leave something on my plate.
2. I apply sunscreen to the upper eye area as well as the rest of my face and neck.
3. I've found that eye makeup remover is the most efficient way to clean off heavy makeup.
Some secrets revealed in the Nivea Skincare Secrets Report were a little more quirky. Here are some of my favourites, all submitted independently by women in Australia and New Zealand as part of Nivea's survey in April:
- I always wear perfume to bed even if I'm sleeping alone.
- When my skin is feeling oily, I cut a tomato in half and swipe it over my T-zone. The lycopene antioxidants are fabulous for skin and it clears up my shiny forehead in seconds.
- I shave my legs with shampoo.
- I mix lemon with sugar to scrub off patchy fake tan.
- I tap lip balm on my cheekbones for instant faux radiance.
- My skin get very, very dry when I fly so I always apply a moisturising mask before taking off or midway throughout the flight.
The survey also found that 90 per cent of women agree that being called ''naturally beautiful'' is far more flattering than people commenting on their clothes, hair or makeup.
But we all know that looking naturally beautiful takes some effort - and most of us need all help we can get.
- Sydney Morning Herald
What are your top three (or five or 10!) beauty tips?
Could you go mascara-less?Related story: Would you go mascara-less?