Fashion week make-up tutorial
1. Apply a BB Cream to the skin. BB Cream is a lightweight tinted moisturiser with sunscreen and inbuilt skincare. They used Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream, $19.99, but you can also try Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream, $62 or The Body Shop all-in-one BB Cream, $39.
2. Sweep a highlighting concealer under the eyes and blend with your finger or a foundation brush. They used Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Concealer, $19.99, you can try By Terry Touch Expert Advanced, $89 or Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat, $76.
3. Take a cream eyeshadow and dab it over the entire eyelid, from lashline to brow bone. Use a blending brush to soften the edges. Maybelline used their Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe $13.99, but Smashbox Limitless 15 hour Wear Eyeshadow, $38 also works.
4. Take a cream highlighter and dab it along the top of your cheekbones to lift the face. Blend well. They used Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bold Gold, $13.99; or you can use M.A.C Prep + Prime Highlighter, $38; or Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand, $54.
5. Groom the brows and fill them in if they need it. Tame unruly brows with a clear brow gel. You can try Sax Perfect Brow shaping kit, $19.99 to fill and The Body Shop Brow Gel, $20 to set.
6. Apply a nude lipstick and a hint of gloss for a healthy sheen. They used Colour Sensational Lipstick in Totally Toffee, $20.99, or you can try Sax Sheer Colour Lipstick in Sheer Honey, $16.90 or The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour in Latte Swirl, $26.90.
The finished look.
On the runway.
0 of 0
« Previous« PreviousNext »Next »
Makeup & Skincare
The make-up at Richard Chai Love focused on the season's hottest trend - fresh and flawless skin with a deep smoky eye. Here's how you can recreate the look at home.
- © Fairfax NZ News
How much makeup do you wear?
Related story: (See story)