Makeup & Skincare
1. Choose your foundation carefully. Try one of the many good tinted moisturisers or BB creams on the market. For those in need of recommendation, try Smashbox's Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF15, $75. Don't try to mask minor imperfections with full coverage.
2. Concealer should match foundation perfectly. Cream concealer - to hide blemishes - is best applied with a brush and in light layers.
3. Experiment with a lip shade. The experts say that the perfect nude lip shade is the colour of the inside of your lip. The goal is a light application of colour mixed with sheer gloss, or one in a complementary colour. Nothing too matt.
4. Wear mascara - plenty of it - or, if your lashes are thick, opt for an eyelash tint. An eyelash perm or lash curlers will also open up the eye. Lash extensions are great but will require upkeep to maintain their perfection.
5. Keep brows groomed, and consider tinting them a shade darker than natural.
6. Eyeshadow is a good idea as long as it's restricted to a sweep of one pure shade which complements your skin tone.
7. Avoid introducing harsh lines, such as lipliners or chunky eyeliner.
8. Pick a blusher in a neutral shade (Bobbi Brown is a genius at blushers that don't look like blushers) and apply it sparingly.
- Sunday Star Times
How much makeup do you wear?Related story: (See story)