American fashion publicist and judge on America's Next Top Model Kelly Cutrone delivered some delicious zings when asked about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's role as fashion influencers.
Who is she? She basically runs many major shows at most major fashion weeks ... and she has a lot of behind the scenes power when it comes to the actual business of clothes.
1. She starts by bagging Kanye ...
"I don't think there's one person who really works in the fashion industry who gives a flying f- about Kanye West," she told American mag Bedhead.
2. She continues on to say that they're more likely influencing the crowd that would buy Marc Facobs than anyone with actual purchase power.
"I think they have no influence in the fashion world whatsoever," she said. "I mean, most people who watch the Kardashians' (reality show) can't afford Givenchy. I don't mean to be mean. Are (counterfeiters) on Canal St. benefiting from it? Probably, but that's not the fashion world."
3. She goes on to discuss how KimYe's much lauded relationship with the house of Givenchy is nothing remarkable ...
"There's a movie called 'Breakfast at Tiffany's.' Givenchy is a good brand, but is it cutting edge? No," she said. "It's a gazillion-year-old luxury brand from Europe."
4. She even brings up Kanye's pants ...
"Have Kim and Kanye had an impact on pop culture? Absolutely. Do I think that (Vogue editor-at-large) Hamish Bowles wakes up in the morning, calls (former Vogue editor-at-large) Andre Leon Talley and says, 'Did you see those pants that Kanye was rocking on 'SNL'?' No."
5. And then finishes with a humdinger about how Kim K isn't even wearing Vivienne yet (quelle horror) ...
"The truth of the matter is that Kim Kardashian is not doing anything fresh in fashion, either. She's not getting into the nitty-gritty, super avant-garde players. She's not even wearing ( Vivienne ) Westwood yet."
And here she is in her own show Kell On Earth ...
Who was your best dressed of the week?