Wear high heels without the pain
It's a myth that all high heels are uncomfortable - you just have to buy the right styles.
Here are 24 ouch-less styles to choose from - and seven tips to remember when shoe shopping.
1. WIDE STRAPS: Wide straps hold your foot in better than flimsy strings. Look for straps that sit firmly across your foot and don't dig in or rub.
2. BOOTIES: Booties have more material to cover your foot, and for the same reason as wide straps, give you more support.
3. THICK HEELS: It's a simple law of physics that thinner heels equal more pressure on the feet. Even out that pressure and make for less wobble with thick solid heels.
4. ANKLE STRAPS: Ankle straps hold the foot straight and lessen the chances of a sidewalk topple.
5. WEDGES OR WEDGE-LIKE HEELS: Wedges or wedge-like heels support the arch of the foot and make for a more sturdy slope.
6. PLATFORMS: Platforms lift the front of the foot and play a trick on the eyes. The result is the look of height without the steep angle.
7. FLATFORMS: Flatforms give you the height but keep your feet happy and flat.
- © Fairfax NZ News
What do you think of Kate's style?Related story: (See story)