Meet the colour of 2014
The colour gods have spoken: Pantone has proclaimed 'radiant orchid' the it-colour of 2014. (A great working title for Woody Allen's follow-up to Blue Jasmine, don't you think?)
We look forward to seeing it on fuzzy Carven-inspired coats and opulent Oscar gowns in the New Year, but until then, will have to settle for these pretty pieces.
Wear the pinkish purple My Little Pony-esque shade with black or metallics this party season or create a striking colourway by pairing it with previous years' winners, emerald green and tangerine tango.
And it's not just a fashion thing. Who doesn't love the sound of orchid-hued lids, lips and nails?
Here are some buys to start your year of Radiant Orchid early ...
1. Ruby Nail Polish in Passionfruit, $19.95: Because our toes need a treat. It's slightly darker than Radiant Orchid, but that means it'll offset against your pure R.O. dresses perfectly.
2. Mimosa Tapered Trousers, $98: Because not all of us want to wear pink/purple right next to our faces. Pair this with a white tee and some simple sandals, et voila, an on-trend summer outfit.
3. Abbey Jersey Kimono, $25: Because kimono-style tops are the ultimate wardrobe refresher: all of a sudden you have brand new outfits out of dresses and tops you're just not quite comfortable wearing on their own.
4. Black Secret Gertie Party Pump, $108: Because it's party season and our feet must always be fashion forward.
5. EziBuy Sara Crew Neck Sweaters, $49: Because crew necks are super flattering and this colour is too - you'll feel, err, radiant in radiant orchid.
- Daily Life & Stuff.co.nz