Lorde's chic vampish looks are setting global fashion trends in the lead up to the Grammys.
Hundreds of internet pages are dedicated to recreating the Auckland teenager's haunting look.
Her signature dark winged eyes, deep crimson lips and flawless Snow White skin are also boosting make-up sales in New Zealand.
L'Oreal Paris NZ marketing director Shannon Watts said eyeliner sales have risen by up to 45 per cent in the last quarter due to women's desire to recreate the edgy black eye flicks.
"It's a phenomenon we're well aware of. It will be interesting to see the scale of influence the ‘Lorde factor' will continue to have."
Lorde, real name Ella Yelich-O'Connor, is performing at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon New Zealand time.
The 17-year-old has been keeping fans guessing on what she will wear, but makeup experts are predicting her trademark look.
Auckland makeup artist Grayson Coutts said Lorde's look is a huge shift from other girl-next-door pop stars like Taylor Swift.
"I would love to see her do something a little different [for the Grammys] but it is in her best interests to keep it familiar. She's claimed that look.
"Lorde has a very unique look that is modern. She's doing her own thing which is great," Coutts said.
L'Oréal Paris NZ makeup director Lisa Matson said a celebrity's look often filters through to teenagers and inspires make-up choices.
"This is especially common amongst teenagers - they identify with her and in turn will feel cool, beautiful and special when channelling her look."
She described the singer's look as the soft side of gothic, with a pale face and focus on her eyes and mouth.
"Lorde's is a simple and achievable look if you're searching for something different."
Lorde has been playing up her modern-goth style on social media.
The singer posted a freakish picture of a zombie-like woman while "brainstorming" for outfits for the Grammys on Instagram. "How good is this . . . can i also have the over-it zombie eyes," she wrote.
Although becoming an international singing star doesn't stop the usual teenage fashion dilemmas, like pimples.
"I could probably be involved in a groundbreaking new reality show called Will Ella's Acne Clear Up In Time For Major Events," she posted on Twitter.
Lorde is nominated for four Grammys: song of the year, best pop solo performance, record of the year and best pop vocal album for Pure Heroine.
1. To get her infamous lined-eye look, start with a nude matte eye shadow base. Use a liquid liner. Start with a thin line at inner eye corners and continue along the lash line, expanding the line thickness from mid eye to outer corners, finishing with her dramatic flick.
2. Curl lashes and apply two coats of mascara top and bottom – concentrating on elongating the top and outer lashes.
3. Brush brow hairs into place and shade to give them a bold, flattering look.
4. Be sure to create the perfect shaped mouth with a lip liner as bold colours will only enhance lip unevenness. Choose a lip liner in a colour that is either similar to your lipstick shade or is nude.
5. When choosing your dark, bold lip colour ensure you choose a lipstick with long-wear formula to keep you looking red-carpet ready all day long.
- © Fairfax NZ News
What's the most stylish age for women?Related story: (See story)