Styling tips for small busts
We're all unique and that's what makes life, and us, so fabulous. In this series, we focus on styling tips for women of all shapes and sizes. Last week we looked at fashion tips for those of us with big tummies, and now we're taking a look at styling for a small bust.
A small bust is generally an A cup, and just like any body part, it's something to be celebrated. Why?
- It makes you look slimmer overall
- They don't get in the way when you exercise
- There are loads of gorgeous bras available in your size
- They're less likely to head south with gravity and old age - not a lot of weight to drag them down.
(Don't worry ladies with bigger busts, there are also many benefits of filling out a larger cup - which we'll get to in a later week).
HERE ARE SOME STYLING TIPS FOR SMALLER-BUSTED LADIES:
You're very lucky, because there aren't many things that you can't wear.
- Padded and push-up bras are a godsend, and they just keep getting better and better. Some even give you cleavage!! And padded swimwear is also great too.
- Look for tops with detail around the bust area, for example: ruffles, ruching, textures, patterns and pockets. The detail gives oomph.
- Wrap, crossover tops/dresses with ruching are fabulous and add volume and curves.
- Open neck, buttoned shirts are great as are empire line tops/dresses (the waistline sits just under the bust, and often has a low neckline).
- Wear a mid-to-long-length necklace, a broach or a scarf to add interest.
- Layer your clothes, creating volume.
- Bolero jackets (a cropped jacket) or shrugs (cropped cardigans, sometimes with a tie front) are great - though avoid these if you've got broad shoulders or big arms, or if you're short-waisted.
- Do you have any self-learnt tips for how to dress when you have a small bust?
- Lisa Lyford is the founder of Gorgeous Me, a DIY personal styling guide that offers free personal styling advice, information and tips as well as makeovers of everyday Kiwi women. Gorgeous Me: because every woman deserves to look and feel fab.