Top 5 Wellington Fashion Week events
1. Known for pushing boundaries, WORLD never misses an opportunity to put on a jaw-dropping show. Last year the hair, make-up and styling were second to none, and this year we hear whispers that a controversial fashion film will accompany the catwalk. Just a heads up - the screening is likely to be rather confronting, so maybe leave the little ones at home that night. WHEN: April 13, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm WHERE: Shed 6, Queens Wharf, Wellington. PRICE: $29-$39.
2. Showcasing pieces that are 100% Kiwi made and designed specifically for curvy women, The Carpenter's Daughter runway is bound to be a good one. Plus, a few big name celebrities are said to be fronting up to join the parade - we can't wait to see who they are! WHEN: April 12, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm WHERE: Shed 6, Queens Wharf, Wellington. PRICE: $35.
3. If you want to see a show overflowing with chic wardrobe staples and stylish tailoring, the opening show of Wellington Fashion Week - Moochi - is the one for you. We hear the goodie bags are also a major drawcard for this one: think vouchers, hair-care samples and even scarves and beverages for those lucky enough to score premium tickets (read: front row). Just remember, fashion show etiquette says resist the urge to paw through your freebies until after the show, but if you really can't refrain from the choccy hidden in your bag - time your nibbles with the lights. WHEN: Opening night April 9, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm WHERE: Shed 6, Queens Wharf, Wellington. PRICE: $29-$39.
4. Whether you're a prospective bride, have been married or just have a soft spot for show-stopping gowns (that about covers everyone, doesn't it?) then the Bridal Couture Showcase is non-negotiable. Trust us when we say there's nothing quite like watching these creations float down the runway in front of you. And as an added bonus, purchase a ticket to the runway extravaganza and receive free entry to the Wellington Wedding Show to be held the following day - why not make a whole weekend out of it! WHEN: April 12, 3:00pm - 4:00 pm. WHERE: Shed 6, Queens Wharf, Wellington. PRICE: $29-$39.
5. Off-site fashion shows are always that little bit more exciting - the location fit-out and format of the actual show tend to be rather unexpected and often give insight into the overall direction of the label. This year, leading fashion brands RUBY and Liam will showcase their Autumn/Winter 2014 collections at the newly opened Pre-Fab Hall and we can't wait to see the result. Get in quick though, tickets are limited and this one's bound to sell out. WHEN: April 10, Doors open at 6:30pm for a 7:00 pm start. WHERE: Pre-Fab Hall, 14 Jessie Street, Wellington. PRICE: $30.
0 of 0
« Previous« PreviousNext »Next »
While most fashion events cater only to those in the industry, Wellington Fashion Week is a consumer and trade event, meaning you can be part of the stylish soirees, catwalk shows and exhibitions.
Running from the 9th-13th of April, Wellington Fashion Week includes everything from controversial fashion films to curvy couture.
Tickets are around $30 per show, with goodie bags and quality people-watching included.
We've got three double passes to the Moochi show up for grabs.
To be in to win, email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your favourite New Zealand fashion designer by midday tomorrow. Don't forget to include your name and contact details.
Who was your best dressed of the week?