The Vagabond Chefs one of 17 vendors at Queenstown Night Noodle Markets
Loaded Fries with Char Sui Barbecue Pulled Pork, Smokey Salt and Chipotle Mayo. How does this sound?
It's one of three mouth-watering dishes Christchurch's The Vagabond Chefs are dishing up at the Queenstown Night Noodle Markets on Wednesday.
Owner Andy Tonge said the Loaded Fries "went down an absolute treat" at previous markets in Dunedin and Christchurch, so much so that the Pan Asian restaurateurs were presented with the Top Chopstick Award for favourite vendor at the Dunedin event.
Tonge and co-owner Morgan Lonergan were looking forward to getting their stall to Queenstown because, as the name suggests, "we like to get around".
* Japanese-Mexican fusion to star at Queenstown Night Noodle Markets
* Queenstown Primary School teams up with Night Noodle Markets
* Popular Queenstown Night Noodle Market sells out of beer
* Queenstown Night Noodle Markets a success, returning next year
* Night Noodle Markets back and better
"It's just a good opportunity to do something a bit different. There's a good atmosphere as well."
The Asian-style street food markets were making their second appearance in Queenstown with a record 17 vendors set to cook for the masses.
Cuisine Magazine editor Kelli Brett said a new location - at Queenstown Primary School - and new vendors made for an exciting event.
"It might be dark but we'll be lighting up Queenstown."
Running in the school holidays meant it was perfect for families with free entry and children catered for with free face painting on Saturday and Sunday.
The markets will open for five days from 4pm Wednesday to Sunday.
Along with 17 food stalls, a pop-up Tiger Bar serving Tiger Beer and Babich Wines will cater to patrons' thirst.
1. Mango Madness (GF) (V) - Desserts
2. Taco Medic (GF) (Vege) - Japanese Fusion
3. Hakka Noodles (Vege) - Chinese
4. Khmer Thai Takeaway - Cambodian
5. Hoy Pinoy - Filipino BBQ
6. Momo Said (V) - Nepalese
7. Luvit Gelateria - Desserts
8. The Vagabond Chefs (GF) (V) - Pan Asian
9. Kings Noodles (V) - Shanghai Style
10. KAPEHAN (GF) (Halal) - Modern Filipino
11. The Asiatique (GF) - Malaysian/Thai
12. SHIOK ! (GF) (Halal) - Malaysian/Thai
13. Zero* Thai Rolled Ice Cream (GF) - Thai
14. United Food Co - Chinese/Taiwanese
15. House of Dumplings (V) - Dumplings
16. Bombay Canteen (Halal) (Vege) - Indian
17. Wild Az (GF) - Asian