Yum: Christmas pomegranate tiramisu
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Cake|
|Cooking time||<30 min|
For our Christmas hamper competition, we're looking for the best recipes for festive fare.
A modern take on the classic tiramisu, but makes it better suited to the summer climate of a New Zealand Christmas.
This dessert goes well with a light and refreshing summer berry salad with mint and drizzled in elderflower cordial.
|500 grams mascarpone|
|4 Tbsp icing sugar|
|1 tsp vanilla paste or extract|
|2 Packs lady fingers|
|2 Cups pomegranate juice (I used Six Barrel Soda pomegranate and cherry syrup, made following the directions on the bottle)|
|30ml Vodka (Absolut Acai works well)|
|Seeds of 2 Pomegranates (pith removed)|
1. In a large bowl combine the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla paste.
2. In another bowl whisk the cream till soft peaks form, and gently fold into the mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. In a bowl combine the pomegranate drink and vodka, dip the lady fingers into the liquid and line a serving bowl or individual glasses.
4. Top the layer of lady fingers with mascarpone mix and some pomegranate seeds.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 till the serving bowl is full.
6. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight, and serve topped with pomegranate seeds.
View all contributions