NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Quick and easy|
|Cooking time||<30 min|
Michelle Bridges shares her recipe for baked spinach and pumpkin couscous. It's the perfect midweek meal.
BAKED SPINACH AND PUMPKIN COUSCOUS
|olive oil spray|
|200g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and sliced|
|1/2 cup couscous|
|40g spinach, trimmed and shredded|
|2/3 cup tomato passata|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated|
|1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Lightly spray a char-grill with olive oil and heat on medium-high. Grill the pumpkin slices for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and starting to soften. Cut into 2cm cubes.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a medium bowl and pour over 1/2 cup of boiling water. Fluff up the couscous with a fork until most of the water has been absorbed, then cover and allow it to stand for 2 minutes. Fluff up with a fork again and stand, covered, for another 2 minutes.
4. Stir through the spinach and pumpkin, then spoon the mixture into a 3-cup ovenproof dish and gently press down.
5. Combine the tomato passata and garlic in a bowl, and season with pepper. Cover the couscous with the tomato mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Recipe and food photography from The No Excuses Cookbook by Michelle Bridges (Penguin).
Ratings & Reviews
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever