NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Sweet treat|
|Serves/makes||6 - 8|
|Special options||Low fat|
This divine dish can be prepared ahead, so it's a great dessert for a large dinner party.
FRUITY YOGHURT SEMIFREDDO
|2 Tbsp passionfruit pulp|
|300g strawberries (thawed, frozen strawberries will work fine)|
|1 Tbsp icing sugar, sifted|
|¼ cup low-GI sugar*|
|560g low-kilojoule vanilla yoghurt|
|1. Line the long sides of a 6-cup loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving enough hanging over sides to fold over and enclose semifreddo. Spread passionfruit pulp over base.
2. Hull 200g strawberries and coarsely purée them with a fork. Stir in icing sugar until combined.
3. Using a small blender or a pestle and mortar, grind low-GI sugar to a fine powder.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and ground sugar for five minutes until pale and thick.
5. Gently stir yoghurt through. Pour into prepared pan. Gently spoon dollops of strawberry over mixture (it will sink slightly). Fold over plastic wrap to enclose and freeze overnight.
6. Next day, 20 minutes before serving, transfer semifreddo to main part of fridge to soften slightly. Unfold plastic wrap and turn out semifreddo onto a plate. Remove plastic wrap. Slice semifreddo and divide among serving plates. Serve with remaining strawberries.
* Low-GI sugar has large granules, so you need to grind it very finely to mix with the eggs.
Recipe from Crunch Time Cookbook by Michelle Bridges, photography by Mark O'Meara and Nick Wilson.
- Daily Life
Ratings & Reviews
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever