What could be better than a honey-dipped banana? What about a chocolate and honey-dipped frozen banana iceblock? This recipe is adapted from one by chef Tiffany MacIsaac.
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Sweet treat|
|Serves/makes||4 - 6|
CHOCOLATE AND HONEY-DIPPED BANANAS
|3-4 ripe bananas|
|2 tbsp of honey|
|1 bag (12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate pieces|
|6 wooden iceblock sticks|
|1. Peel the bananas and place in a bowl.
2. Add the honey. Mash together using a wooden spoon until there are no large chunks.
3. Fill the moulds with the banana-honey mixture. Place sticks in the centre of the mixture, pushing them only halfway down.
4. Place in the freezer overnight.
5. The next day, pour the chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on medium for 20 seconds. Remove and stir.
6. Put back into the microwave and heat for another 20 seconds if the chocolate is not entirely melted.
7. Remove the frozen banana iceblocks from the freezer and take them out of their moulds.
8. Dip them in the melted chocolate, covering completely.
9. Put them on a pan lined with parchment paper. Put them back in the freezer overnight.
(Please ask for an adult's help with the microwave part of this recipe.)
- Washington Post
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever