|6 shiitake mushrooms|
|3 tbsp vegetable oil|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|2 garlic cloves, finely grated|
|2cm knob ginger, finely grated|
|1 red chilli, finely sliced|
|100g bean shoots, rinsed|
|550g cooked rice (from 250g raw)|
|2 tbsp green (spring) onions, chopped|
|3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari|
|Sea salt and pepper|
|1 tsp sugar|
|200g snow peas, trimmed|
|1 tbsp sesame oil|
|100g salted cashews|
NEED TO KNOW
1. Soak mushrooms in hotwater for one hour, then strain. Discard stems and chop finely.
2. To cook omelet, heat one tablespoon of oil in the wok, add eggs, swirling the panwell, and allow to cook until set. Remove, roll tightly and cut across into short strips.
3. Heat remaining oil in a wok or frying pan. Add garlic, ginger, chilli, mushrooms and bean shoots and sprinkle in the rice, breaking up any clumps.
4. Toss well over high heat. Add omelet, green onions, soy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar, tossing well until hot.
5. Cook snow peas in simmering salted water for one minute, then drain and toss in sesame oil. Scatter snowpeas over fried rice and top with cashews.
- Sydney Morning Herald
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever