Recipe: Banana cashew nut bread
Go on, whip this up for morning tea. You deserve it.
|125g butter, soft|
|130g brown sugar, plus extra for sprinkling|
|400g ripe banana, mashed with a fork|
|1/4 cup milk|
|300g plain flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|2 pinches salt|
|200g cashews, lightly toasted and roughly chopped|
1. Heat oven to 180C. Grease and lightly flour a 27cm x 12cm x 6cm loaf tin.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add banana and combine. Add eggs one at a time, followed by milk, and stir until combined. Fold through remaining dry ingredients and spoon into tin.
4. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar. Bake for 1 hour or until risen in the middle and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool in the tin for five minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Serve with whipped butter. (To make whipped butter, whisk very soft butter with an equal weight of icing sugar until light and fluffy.)
- Good Food