Got a great recipe? Share it with NZShare your stories, photos and videos.
A delicious nutty, grainy salad. Freekah is a nutritious grain made from roasted green wheat grains, but you can also use whole wheat, cracked wheat or quinoa.
|1 bunch coriander, chopped|
|1/2 bunch parsley, chopped|
|1/2 red onion, finely diced|
|1 cup freekah (or cracked wheat or quinoa)|
|1/2 cup Puy lentils|
|2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds|
|2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds|
|2 tbsp toasted pine nuts|
|2 tbsp baby capers|
|1/2 cup currants|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|3 tbsp extra virgin olive|
|Sea salt to taste|
|1 pomegranate, deseeded, to serve|
|For the dressing|
|1 cup thick Greek yoghurt|
|1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground|
|1 tbsp honey|
1. Blanch freekah and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked.
2. Drain well and allow to cool.
3. Mix the yoghurt, ground cumin and honey until combined.
4. In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, freekah, lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste.
5. Place into serving dish and top with cumin yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
Ratings & Reviews
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever