Recipe: Baked lamb rack
An easy recipe for mid-week entertaining. You'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying that wine with your friends!
A roasting tin is your best friend when you want a simple dinner of lamb, chicken or spicy sausage. Just add your favourite flavours and you're set.
|500g new potatoes, thickly sliced|
|4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|1 sprig rosemary, leaves only|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|4 x 3-cutlet lamb racks|
|1 lemon, sliced|
|200g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes|
|100g green olives, pitted and roughly torn|
|tzatziki, to serve|
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC fan-forced (240ºC conventional).
2. Place potatoes and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
4.Rub over lamb racks, add lemon slices and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
6. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
7. Remove lamb and set aside in a warm place, loosely covered in foil, to rest for 15 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes and olives to baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes.