A low-fat lasagne that leaves out the pasta and uses plenty of vegies.
|1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 onion, diced|
|800g chopped tomatoes|
|3 tbsp tomato paste|
|2 tbsp parsley, chopped|
|200g baby spinach|
|500g reduced-fat deli-style ricotta|
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Italian|
|Cooking time||1 - 2 hours|
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Slice pumpkin into 1 centimetre thick slices and place on a baking tray. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes until tender, then remove.
3. Saute onion in a pot. Add tomatoes and paste and cook for 15 minutes until thickened. Add parsley and remove from heat.
4. Spread a quarter of the sauce into the base of a baking dish. Add half of the spinach then half of the roasted pumpkin on top. Spoon over half of the tomato sauce. Repeat.
5. Beat the ricotta and egg until smooth. Spread over the pumpkin.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with leafy greens.
Nutrition: Protein, 16g; total fat 9g (saturated, 5g); calcium, 289mg; carbs, 16.6g; kilojoules, 892. Gluten-free, low GI.
- Good Food
Ratings & Reviews
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever