The passionfruit butter with the melting moments is seriously good - spread some on toast for breakfast and enjoy with a nice cup of tea.
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Biscuits|
|Cooking time||30 min - 1 hour|
|150g soft butter, diced|
|75g caster sugar|
|1/2 tsp grated lemon rind|
|200g plain flour|
|50g rice flour|
|icing sugar, to dust|
|30g butter, softened|
|150g icing sugar|
|20ml passionfruit pulp (about 1 passionfruit)|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a mixer, beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind until light and fluffy. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flours until combined.
3. Knead mix gently on a floured surface until smooth, and then cover in cling film and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
4. Divide mixture into 36, roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray. Flatten the balls with the back of a fork.
5. Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until crisp and light golden. Stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
6. To make filling, beat butter with a wooden spoon until pale and creamy. Add half the icing sugar and beat until well combined.
7. Add the passionfruit pulp and the remaining icing sugar and beat until well combined and fluffy.
8. Spread passionfruit butter onto half the biscuits, using a palate knife or piping bag with a 1cm nozzle. Top with remaining biscuits, and dust with icing sugar.
- Good Food
If you had to, which would you give up for a week?Related story: The best chocolate recipes ever