Toilet seat up or down? Here's what most people think

More men than women prefer that the toilet seat is left up. Fifty two per cent of men surveyed thought it was ...
123rf

More men than women prefer that the toilet seat is left up. Fifty two per cent of men surveyed thought it was acceptable, whereas only 16.8 per cent of women would be OK with the seat left up.

It's the little things -  lights left on, dirty dishes left out or TV volume too loud - that turn a perfect living situation into a battle. 

Now US home maintenance and improvement company, Home Advisor, have done a survey of 2000 participants about home habits: so you can find out whether or not you're in the majority with your domestic preferences. Here are some of their results.

ELECTRICITY HABITS:
The survey found both men and women of all ages like to monitor the usage of the heating and cooling systems. A massive 82.3 percent of men and 81 percent of women thought they personally should have control over the thermostat, so it's not hard to see why it's common to have household squabbles over this one.  

More than 80 per cent of people surveyed said they like to control the thermostat.
123RF

More than 80 per cent of people surveyed said they like to control the thermostat.

READ MORE:
*Home habits that are relationship deal breakers
*Scientists turn their attention to making laundry day easier
*Six apps that will change the way you decorate

 

LIGHTS ON WHILE SLEEPING:
If you're someone who likes to sleep with a light on, you're in great danger of making housemates grumpy. Ninety per cent of those surveyed preferred the lights off while sleeping. 

TOILET SEAT UP OR DOWN:
This one won't surprise anyone. More men than women prefer that the toilet seat is left up. Fifty two per cent of men surveyed thought it was acceptable, whereas only 16.8 per cent of women would be ok with the seat left up.

CLEANING DIRTY DISHES STRAIGHT AWAY:
Pretty even split on this one: 46.7 per cent of participants agreed dishes should be cleaned right away, which leaves the other 53.3 per cent who are content to leave dishes uncleaned. 

NOT CLOSING THE BLINDS AT NIGHT:
More than 85 per cent of respondents prefer to close the blinds, shades or curtains at night. So if you're someone who likes to look out at the city lights, you're likely to be outvoted.

Ad Feedback

 - Stuff

Comments

Ad Feedback
special offers
Ad Feedback