Recipe: Feijoa and coconut cake
125g butter, softened
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup chopped fresh feijoas
1/2 cup milk
1. Whipped cream, honey and toasted flaked coconut to serve (optional)
2. Heat oven to 170°C fanbake or 190°C regular. Spray and line a 23cm spring-form cake tin.
3. Cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and beat well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks.
5. Sift flour over butter mixture and fold in with coconut, chopped feijoa, milk and beaten egg whites.
6. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
7. Serve cake warm with cream and honey and a sprinkling of toasted flaked coconut. It is also delicious eaten cold, dusted with icing sugar.
For more likes this, subscribe to NZ House & Garden at mags4gifts.co.nz
- NZ House & Garden