How to get over a breakup
We here at Summer Press understand only too well how awful a relationship breakup can feel.
The stress of the season takes a high toll on togetherness, so please, take a deep breath, read these tips and dry your eyes, mate.
1. Go cold turkey. Sever all ties - Facebook, phone numbers and emails. There is no telling what you will say after a few tear-diluted drinks.
2. Concentrate on their bad side. Negative? Maybe, but obsessing about the good times will do you no good.
3. Go on holiday with some mates, but not the ones you shared. Take only your oldest and best, who will be completely unobjective when it comes to hearing you spit tacks about the ex.
4. Forget bravado. Wallow in it. Feel a bit sorry for yourself. Then get up, dust yourself down and do the things you always wanted to do but didn't because your ex always nixed them.
5. While you're wallowing, listen to this podcast from This American Life totally devoted to the subject. It may even bring a (teary) smile to your face.
6. Is there any such thing as a good breakup? Forget the stoic explanation that it's a good thing for all involved. Howl. It will feel great.