Palmerston North firefighters made an early morning dash to a coffee cart today, but not for a caffeine fix.
They were called to a fire in a car, which had been modified into a portable coffee-making machine, at about 6.15am.
The fire, on Dittmer Dr, was believed to have started as water was being heated.
Firefighters put it down to a malfunction.
No one was hurt, but the car was damaged.
- Manawatu Standard
Should Manawatu's earthquake-prone buildings be yellow-stickered?Related story: Council won't use earthquake-risk stickers