Palmerston North firefighters are disappointed with Ada St residents after a couch was torched on the road just days after a safety letter was distributed there.
The couch was set alight about 11.45pm last night.
A single fire crew put the flames out in about 10 minutes but fire station officer Bevan Clark said it was a nuisance job.
"It damages the road, it's an inconvenience to other people on the street and it's a waste of our time. But at least there wasn't a crowd. They just lit it and ran.''
Mr Clark said letters were sent to all houses on the street this week, warning people of the dangers of couch fires.
- © Fairfax NZ News
What would you like the weather to do in March?