Fire Service cooking warning

Last updated 06:01 06/11/2012

Relevant offers

The fire service is imploring people to take care when cooking, after some unattended food on a stove resulted in a big house  fire in Palmerston North. 

The fire tore through the character house  in Napier Rd on Sunday. 

Fire safety officer John Hotter said   some food  had been left cooking without anyone keeping an eye on it.

The message from us is to keep looking while you’re cooking, and never leave food on the stove unattended.’’ Mr Hotter said the house did not have smoke alarms.


Ad Feedback

- Manawatu Standard

Special offers
Opinion poll

If you had a choice, which would you prefer on Christmas day?

A sunny, warm, breathless day

A metre of snow to play in

Thunder and rain - perfect for indoor lunch and snooze

Don't mind at all ... that BBQ will be lit

Vote Result

Related story: Sun takes a Christmas holiday

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content