Business Time: The food edition
- Another supermarket planned Progressive Enterprises has confirmed it is looking at building another supermarket in Palmerston North, just months after opening a Countdown in Kelvin Grove. Spokesman Luke Schepen said the Kelvin Grove supermarket served the northern side of the city and Progressive was looking for a site on the southern side of Palmerston North. However, nothing was set in stone yet.
- Gallery on the market Artmosphere Gallery in Woodville is for sale, three years after opening to the public. A former pub, the renovated building is listed at $270,000.
- Foodstuffs awards Pioneer New World employee Lauren Clough has been named Bakery Apprentice of the Year as part of the Foodstuffs awards. Eleven other Foodstuffs employees from Manawatu also took home awards.
- The Tuck Shop for sale The Tuck Shop lunch bar on Reeve St, Levin, is for sale. The building, land, chattels and business are listed for $125,000.
- New Italian restaurant The Braggs are expanding their Roma restaurant business, opening Romano's in the former Cellar location underneath Roma The Grand Fire. The restaurant will serve Italian-inspired cuisine.
- Mortgagee auction The Manawatu Hotel in Foxton is about to go under the hammer in a mortgagee auction on December 13.
Send business news to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Business Time in the subject line) or call reporter Jono Galuszka on 355 8807.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Do you agree with increased oil exploration?