Who's doing what in Business Time?
Check out the latest movements, changes and sales in Manawatu business news.
* The new AvantiPlus cycle shop in Palmerston North may look like it is stepping on toes after moving into the former Crank-It Cycles premises. However, the current location is only temporary. Staff said Avanti was looking for a bigger location in Palmerston North, but wanted a store in the meantime after its business arrangement with Pedal Pushers ended.
* The Haberdashery in Pahiatua is for sale. The owners, who are looking to retire, want $35,000 for the business.
* Shannon retaliers are offering a prize for late night shoppers. People who spend $20 or more between 5pm and 8pm on Fridays before Christmas in Shannon will have a chance to win $250 to spend in the Horowhenua town.
* Trackside Villas – the building project which will see part of Levin Racecourse turned into a retirement village – is having an open day on Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 4pm. People will be able to look through a show home and see how the village might turn out. For more information, ring Remax Levin on (06) 367 0661.
* Ashhurst Engineering and Construction will be shut for a Christmas/New Year break. It will close December 21 and reopen January 7.
* Palmerston North business IT Express has moved to 145 Cuba St, opposite the China Town restaurant.
* The last Chamber of Commerce After 5 event for 2012 will be at the Palmerston North City Library on Thursday.
Send business news to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Business Time in the subject line) or call reporter Jono Galuszka on 355 8807.